i am feeling rather heavy this morning, for reasons still unknown to me. so, to keep from sinking under it, i’ve decided to make a list of the top 10 things i’m thankful for. i’m hoping this will give me the perspective i need to keep walking forward.
1. a beautiful sunrise, where the sun is battling the clouds (and winning) for space in the sky.
2. coffee. and bites of a lemon tart Kyle made for French night.
3. Kyle. i realized last night much i just appreciate being with him and around him. his sweet spirit is such a comfort to me.
4. Ben Folds and John Mayer.
5. being understood. this is highly underrated, but it feels so good to be able to express an emotion or frustration and have someone know exactly where i’m coming from.
6. hope. and possibility. i’m moving in 3 days and, while this is producing great anxiety in me, it is also exciting to dream about sitting on the porch and/or sharing a room with one of the best friends i could ever ask for.
8. a deep sense of peace God has given me in His promises, that He determines my future and i need only to rest in Him.
9. the Elk burger i have at home, waiting to be made into a delicious chili.
10. “here comes the sun,” by the Beatles, appearing on my Pandora at just the right time.
what are you thankful for today?